Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The LifeMatters website offers an abundance of educational information, self-service options, and interactive tools. Simply go to mylifematters.com, and when on the Sign In section enter sfsu. All services provided in person, over the phone, or via the internet by LifeMatters are free to you, your eligible dependents (whether or not they live at home), and other family members who live with you – and if you are referred to outside resources you will be advised about any potential costs. Your privacy is respected, so keep in mind that the use of this service is totally confidential (except in rare instances when your safety or the safety of another individual may be at risk).
EAP Monthly Webinars
To access webinars:
- Go to www.mylifematters.com/my/webinars and follow the directions on that page. Please sign in with your company password.
- For live webinars, click on the link for the webinar you would like to attend and follow the registration instructions. You must register prior to the start of the webinar to attend.
- Transcripts for non-captioned, archived webinars are available upon request.
In an effort to help you and your family bridge life’s transitions from recruitment to retirement, the SFSU Human Resources Department is pleased to offer the Employee Assistance Program as part of your robust benefits program. When you or your family need helpful guidance, counseling, local resources or reliable professional care, your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) presented by LifeMatters is available 24/7 via phone or internet.
When you call 1-800-367-7474, a professional LifeMatters counselor will listen to your concerns 24/7 and offer a variety of services including:
Completely separate from your medical benefits and 100% confidential, you and your eligible family and household members may receive up to three free face-to-face sessions with a licensed therapist to assist you in resolving issues related to:
- Stress and mental anguish
- Family difficulties
- Depression and Anxiety
- Chemical dependency and substance abuse
- Crisis situations such as the sudden loss of a loved one
- Any other personal or family concern
Unlimited Work/Life Resources and Referrals
- Childcare providers
- Eldercare resources, providers, and programs
- Health and wellness resources
The EAP will connect you with a certified financial counselor for free assistance related to:
- Personal budgeting
- Retirement investment planning (403b, 457, 401k guidance)
- Debt management and/or consolidation
- Saving for college
Speak with an attorney for free advice related to:
- Consumer law
- Traffic citations
- Family law
- Estate Planning
- Other personal legal issues
Please take advantage of this valuable benefit offered to you, and feel free to let your Benefits Representative know if you have any questions!