Address Changes for 2018 Tax Information
Monday, October 29, 2018
Tax season is around the corner and HR is committed to making sure you have the appropriate documents to file your taxes. Each year the SCO (State Controller's Office) mails W-2 forms to the address of record for state employees.
SCO will include a global message on employees’ October Pay Period Statement of Earnings and Deductions (pay stub) reminding employees to verify their mailing address and to notify their Personnel/Payroll Office if the address is incorrect. The global message will include each employee’s current address on SCO’s Employment History Database.
If your current address is different than what was printed on your October 2018 Pay Period Statement of Earnings or your home address has changed this year, it is important to change your address of record so that your 2018 W-2 form is mailed to the correct address.
The deadline for submitting address changes is Friday, Dec. 14.
There are two ways for reporting an address change:
Electronic address change reporting through SF State Gateway
- Visit http://www.sfsu.edu/login.htm
- Enter your SF State ID and password
- Choose the "Employee Services" hyperlink on left side under FACULTY/STAFF
- Click “Launch HR Self Service”
- Then click “My Personal Information”
- Click “My Home Address”
- Click “Edit”
- Update your information, click "Save" and then log out
Paper address change reporting
- Faculty and staff may complete an Employee Action Request form in the Human Resources office in ADM 252
- Student employees may complete a Student Payroll Action Request form in the Human Resources office in ADM 252
Contact your department's Payroll representative or Human Resources Payroll staff for answers to question(s) regarding address changes.