Address Changes for Tax Information
Tax season is around the corner and HR is committed to making sure you have the appropriate documents to file your taxes. Each year the State Controller's Office mails W2 forms to the address of record for state employees. If your home address has changed this year, it is important to change your address of record so that your 2016 W2 form is mailed to the correct address. The deadline for submitting address changes is Thursday, Dec. 15. There are two ways for reporting an address change:
Electronic address change reporting through SF State Gateway
- Visit http://gateway.sfsu.edu
- Enter your SF State ID and password
- Choose the "Employee Services tab"
- Click "Launch CS & HR Self Services"
- Then click "My Personal Information"
- Update your informaion, click "Save" and then log out
Paper address change reporting
- Faculty and staff may complete an Employee Action Request form in the Human Resources office in ADM 252
- Student employees may complete a Student Payroll Action Request form in the Human Resources office in ADM 252
Contact your department's Payroll representative or Human Resources Payroll staff for answers to questions regarding address changes.