Address Changes for 2017 W-2 Form and Tax Information

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Tax season is around the corner and HR is committed to making sure you have the appropriate documents to file your taxes. Each year the State Controller's Office mails W-2 forms to the address on record for state employees. Please log in and check if your address is correct.  If your home address has changed this year, it is important to change your address of record so that your 2017 W2 form is mailed to the correct address. The deadline for submitting address changes is Thursday, December 15, 2017. There are two ways for reporting an address change:


Electronic address change reporting through SF State Gateway

  1. Visit
  2. Under “Login” select SF State Gateway / MySFSU
  3. Enter your SF State ID and password
  4. Choose the "Employee Services" on the left, under FACULTY STAFF
  5. Click “Launch CS & HR Self Services”
  6. Then click “My Personal Information”
  7. Click “My Home Address
  8. Review your home address; click ‘edit’ to change, if needed
  9. Update your information, click "Save" and then log out


Paper address change reporting

  • Faculty and staff may complete an Employee Action Request form in the Human Resources office in ADM 252
  • Student employees may complete a Student Payroll Action Request form in the Human Resources office in ADM 252


Contact your department's Payroll representative or Human Resources Payroll staff for answers to questions regarding address changes.