2017 W-2 Information

Monday, January 29, 2018

2017 W-2 Information - PDF

When are W-2 statements issued and mailed?
The State Controller's Office (SCO) mails the employee's 2017 Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement no later than January 31, 2018 via the U.S. Postal Service. This includes wages paid in 2017 (December 2016 - November 2017 pay periods). W-2's are mailed to your home address on file as of December 15, 2017. The October 2017 pay period pay stub listed your home address for verification.
I've lost, didn't receive, or need a duplicate copy of my W-2. What do I do?
If your W-2 form is undeliverable, the U.S. Postal Service will return the W-2 Statement to the Human Resources office in ADM 252. Human Resources will attempt to notify employees within 2 (two) weeks of returned W-2’s.
If you did not receive your W-2 Statement and it was not returned to Human Resources, you will need to file a duplicate W-2 request. You may also visit Request a Duplicate Form W-2 link.
Note: If the SCO sent your W-2 Statement to the address on file as of December 15, 2017 and you did not receive the W-2 Statement, you may apply for a fee exception. To receive the exception, you must report the lost W-2 to the Human Resources Office by February 24, 2018.
You may request more than one W-2 tax year; however, only four prior tax years are available and the $8.50 processing fee applies for each tax year requested.
For current active salaried employees, payment for the duplicate Form W-2 may be paid via payroll deduction by checking the appropriate option on Form 436 . Once you submit Form 436, the SCO will deduct the fee from your next paycheck.
If you fall into the following employee categories, you cannot use payroll deduction:
• Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP) participants
• Student Assistant
• Retired Annuitant
• Hourly Employees
• Special Consultants
• Inactive / terminated employees
All payments must be made via a money order or cashier’s check made payable to the State Controller's Office, Personal checks are not accepted.
For more information regarding Form W-2’s: