2016 W-2 Information

Friday, February 03, 2017
When are W-2 statements issued and mailed?
The State Controller's Office printed/mailed employee's 2016 Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement no later than January 31, 2017. This includes wages paid in 2016 (December 2015 - November 2016 pay periods). W-2's are mailed to your home address on file as of December 15, 2016. Your home address on file was printed on the bottom of the pay stubs for the October pay period. The State Controller’s Office sends W2 and Tax Statement information via the U.S. Postal Service which may experience delays in deliveries at times.   
I've lost, didn't receive, or need a duplicate copy of my W-2. What do I do?
If your W2 form is undeliverable by the U.S. Postal Service, it will be returned to the Human Resources office in ADM 252. Human Resources will notify employees within 3 weeks whose W2’s have been returned.
If it was not returned, you may need to file a duplicate W2 request. The cost for these requests is $8.50, payable to the State Controller's Office. You may request a duplicate W2 through Human Resources or directly with the State Controller’s Office. You may also visit Request a Duplicate Form W-2.
Note: If your W2 was sent to the address on file and was not received, an exception to the $8.50 fee may apply. To receive the exception, you must report the lost W-2 to the Human Resources Office by February 24, 2017. 
More than one tax year may be requested; however, only four prior tax years are available and the $8.50 processing fee applies per tax year requested.
For current salaried employees, payment for the duplicate Form W-2 must be made via payroll deduction and the appropriate option must be checked on Form 436 . Once you submit this form, the fee will be deducted from your next paycheck. If you fall into the following categories:
Faculty Early Retirement Program
Student Assistant
Retired Annuitant
Hourly Employees
Special Consultants
Not Currently Employed
 All payments must be made via a money order or cashier’s check made payable to the State Controller's Office, personal checks are not accepted. 
For more information regarding Form W-2’s: