2015 W-2 Information

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

When are W-2 statements issued and mailed?

The State Controller's Office printed/mailed employee's 2015 Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement no later than January 22, 2016. This includes wages paid in 2015 (December 2014 - November 2015 pay periods). W-2's are mailed to your home address on file as of 12/11/15. Your home address on file was printed on the bottom of the pay stubs for the October pay period. If your W2 form is undeliverable by the U.S. Postal Service, it will be returned to the Human Resources office in ADM 252. 

I've lost, didn't receive, or need a duplicate copy of my W-2. What do I do?

Check with the Human Resources Office (ADM 252) to see if your W-2 was returned.
If it was not returned, you may need to file a duplicate W2 request, the cost for these requests is $8.50, payable to the State Controller's Office. 
If your W2 was sent to the address on file and was not received, an exception to the $8.50 fee may apply. To receive the exception, you must report the lost W-2 to the Human Resources Office by February 26th, 2016. 
More than one tax year may be requested; however, only four prior tax years are available and the $8.50 processing fee applies per tax year requested.
For current salaried employees, payment for the duplicate Form W-2 must be made via payroll deduction and the appropriate option must be checked on Form 436 . Once you submit this form, the fee will be deducted from your next paycheck. If you fall into the following categories:
  • Faculty Early Retirement Program
  • Student Assistant
  • Retired Annuitant
  • Hourly Employees
  • Special Consultants
  • Not Currently Employed
Payment must be made via a money order or cashier’s check made payable to the State Controller's Office, personal checks are not accepted. 
For more information regarding Form W-2: