September 11 – October 6, 2017
This year's annual Open Enrollment period begins September 11, 2017 through October 6, 2017. Open enrollment is your annual opportunity to review your current enrollments to determine the best options available to you and your family. You can make additions, changes or deletions, which will become effective January 1, 2018.
OVERVIEW OF PLAN CHANGES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2018
Health Plan Rate Changes:
• Effective January 1, 2018, rates for most health plans will change. Please refer to page 8-9 and review the monthly employee cost.
Change – Anthem Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) for Monterey County is no longer offered in 2018:
• If you are enrolled in EPO in Monterey County, use the CalPERS Health Plan Search by ZIP code to view/choose health plans available in your area. If you do not make a change during Open Enrollment, you and your enrolled family members will be moved into the Anthem Blue Cross Select HMO health plan.
New Health Plan - Western Health Advantage (WHA) Offered in Northern Counties:
• This Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan is offered in 2018 in the Bay Area, Sacramento and other Northern regions.
County Expansions / Contractions:
• Health Net Smartcare is expanding into Placer County; cities include Lincoln, Loomis, Roseville, Rocklin and Granite Bay.
• Kaiser (non-Medicare) is expanding into state of Washington counties: Grays Harbor, Island, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Mason, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Spokane, Thurston, and Whatcom.
• Anthem Blue Cross Select HMO is expanding into Monterey County.
New Vision Service Plan (VSP) Premier:
• Great news! The CSU is now offering a choice of two vision plans. The VSP Basic Plan is still provided at no cost to you. Or, if you choose, you can upgrade to the VSP Premier Plan for a small monthly cost. The VSP Premier Plan allows higher allowances for frames and contacts every calendar year.
Healthcare Reimbursement Account:
• All employees who are currently using the ASIFlex Benny Master Card will be issued the new ASIFlex Visa Debit Card by January 2018.
To learn more about the new 2018 Health Plan Rates, plan information and changes, please refer to the information below:
Benefits and Wellness Fair 2017
Human Resources will be hosting our annual Benefits and Wellness Fair on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the first floor of the Administration Building.
The fair will offer employees the opportunity to learn more about health plans that will be effective January 1, 2018 as well as local programs that can improve employee health and wellness. A wide range of health care groups, investment groups, and wellness companies are expected to attend. Fair attendees will be eligible to win door prizes from participating vendors. We hope to see you at the fair!
Enrollment Forms & Supporting Documentation
Health Plan Enrollment - PDF
Dental Plan Enrollment - PDF
HCRA DCRA - PDF
You will need Adobe Reader to view PDF files on this page; it is a free download from Adobe.com.