Long Term Disability (LTD)
Eligible MPP, executive, CFA, APC and UAPD employees are covered under a long-term disability (LTD) plan through Standard Insurance Company, which continues the income for employees who qualify while they are disabled.
- Benefits are payable after the employee has been continuously disabled for the entire waiting period (180 days).
- For the first 24 months, to qualify for benefits the employee must be disabled from performing the material duties of his or her occupation.
- After 24 months, benefits are payable only if the employee is disabled from performing the material duties of any occupation for which he or she is reasonably fitted by education, training and experience.
- MPP, CFA, APC and UAPD employees - pays 66 2/3 percent of $15,000 ($22,500 for Executive) of an employee's pre-disability earnings, reduced by other income the employee is eligible to receive because of disability, and subject to an maximum benefit of $10,000 per month ($22,500 for Executive)
- The LTD program was eliminated for SETC employees effective July 31, 2005 per HR/Benefits 2005-17.
- The CSU pays the entire premium for this insurance.