The Case for Change
The 23 CSU campuses and the Chancellors Office currently operate an inefficient, disjointed Human Resource system (HRMS). CHRS is a collaborative effort by all 23 campuses to create a singular HRMS as well as standardize business processes. This effort includes "upgrading to the latest version of the PeopleSoft HR application and providing a consistent baseline of technology. In addition, the program will deliver a shared HR data warehouse that will be centrally developed and maintained, will include a core set of analytic tools (dashboards and reports), and will provide a data source for local campus data warehouses.
CHRS will have many valuable benefits for the overall system and the campuses, including:
- Access to the most current version of software available, which includes significant added new functionality;
- Allows for more rapid deployment of new system functionality;
- Common business practices across the campuses to provide administrative efficiencies and reduce modifications to the system;
- Enhanced reporting and analytics at the campus and system levels;
- Improved user experiences in the HR applications, including enabling future mobile access to HR services and improved recruiting and on-boarding capabilities;
- Alignment with the upgrade of the Campus Solutions (student system) that must take place.
- Positions the CSU to consider cloud-based or other technology platforms in the future.